No matter how hard you try, it seems to you that you still don’t have enough control over your puppy food.
You have tried all canned food, wet food, dry dog food, made orders from Amazon, and searched in all the pet stores.
You are always reading labels, avoiding preservatives, and looking for a grain-free composition, but it is still not good enough for your Pitbull.
Maybe it is time for you to try to prepare homemade dog food for Pitbulls.
Here are a few awesome and easy recipes waiting for you to try them!
Cooked Homemade Dog Food Recipes
When creating the perfect food diet for your pooch, the main aim is to avoid all the possible health issues (it is all about the wellness of your doggo).
Cooking homemade dog food for Pitbulls is an excellent choice when it comes to this issue.
This way of preparing the food has one advantage – you will be sure you have killed all the bacteria in the cooking process.
We have prepared a few recipes for homemade dog food for Pitbulls. So… here we go!
Recipe No. 1: Chili Fiesta
Ay, ay, ay, mi corazon… who can say ‘no’ to a chili bowl? So tasty and delicious, but don’t expect any jalapenos or paprika in this recipe. It is a spice-free recipe. Remember that spices are not the best choice in any dog’s diet.
But, I am sure that your pooch will enjoy this non-spicy variation of the popular Mexican dish. The combination of carrots, beans, and chicken meat is rich with proteins and beta-carotene. And, all these things are essential for muscles and eyesight.
You Will Need
• 4 cups of chicken broth
• 4 chicken breasts
• 3 carrots
• 1 cup of black beans
• 1 cup of kidney beans
• 1/2 a cup of tomato sauce
The first step is to remove excess fat from the chicken breasts. Then, cook the fat separately with 6 cups of water. That will be your chicken broth that you will use later.
The next step is to slice the carrots into small pieces, and mix it all together with the beans.
Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces and fry them on the skillet until they are soft and no longer pink.
Now, take the stove and put together the chicken, carrots, and beans, and add the four cups of chicken broth that you prepared earlier. Add a little bit more water to cover all the ingredients. Finally, add tomato sauce.
Cook all the ingredients on medium heat until it is all soft and smushy.
Let it cool down, and serve. You can make puppy mush if you want to, and serve it that way to your pup.
• If you have bought some beans from a health food store, then you have probably bought some dry beans. And, this means you need to soak them.
• Put them in a bowl of water overnight and they will be soft and ready to mush.
• If you have bought beans that are conserved in a can, then make sure you wring out all the water, and then put it under the tap to rinse it.
• Add a tablespoon of fish oil for a shiny coat in your cooled meal.
Recipe No. 2: Beef Rhapsody
This is a recipe with many faces, and that is why we love it. It is a “protein bomb” that can be made in advance with the ingredients you have “at hand”.
Serve this to your dog and I promise he will dance to the tones of this “beef rhapsody” the first moment he tastes the “explosion of flavors”.
With this recipe, I guarantee you will not get into a situation where your doggie won’t eat his food, but will eat treats.
You Will Need
• 5 cups of rice
• 10 eggs
• 10 lbs of ground beef
The preparation of this dish is easier than easy. All you need is to get some large bowls (there is a lot of meat in this recipe).
Before you mix it all together, make sure you have cooked the rice.
Then, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Put the eggs, meat, veggies, and rice together. Mix them until they have become a mush, and then make meatballs.
Put the meatballs on a casserole, and put it in the oven for 40 minutes at 400 F. The oven should be preheated.
Tadaaa… you have perfect homemade dog food for Pitbulls.
• You can switch ground beef for ground turkey.
• You can also switch rice with quinoa.
• It is better to use brown rice instead of white.
• You can combine the ingredients you have at home, and add any veggies that you find that are healthy for dogs (I have written the “safe” vegetables in the ingredients).
• Make the balls of meat for easier serving.
• You can plan ahead and make the mash and freeze it. And, when you need it, just take it out, defreeze, cook, and serve it to your dog.
Recipe No. 3: Wicked Chicken
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away”, and then imagine what two apples are able to do. Plus, the “liquid gold” (by which, I mean olive oil full of omega 3 fatty acids).
Plus, the “high protein superfood”… (chicken meat and “vitamin C bomb” cabbage). Not to forget eggs.
Looks like the perfect high-quality pet food.
You Will Need
• 5 lbs of chicken meat
• 5 eggs
• 2 cups of spinach
• 2 cups of cabbage
• 2 apples
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
After you have prepared all the ingredients you need for this meal, it is time for the real deal.
Put the boneless meat in a pot and cook it until it is boiled. Now, it is time to reduce the heat to medium, and add all the vegetables and fruits.
When everything is well cooked and cooled down, it is time to add five eggs and olive oil.
Now, your home-cooked meal is ready for kibble.
• Prepare the apples before you start preparing the dish. They need to be peeled and sliced in small pieces, with the seeds removed.
• Prepare the meat before you start preparing the dish. This means peeling the skin, and detaching the meat from the bones.
• You can buy chicken breast or you can buy a whole chicken with all the intestines.
• Excessive amount of food can be frozen and stored for later.
Recipe No. 4: Perky Turkey
Make every day Thanksgiving day by preparing this delicious meal for your furry companion.
It also goes easy on the digestive system.
You Will Need
• 2 tbsp of organ meat of turkey
• 8 oz of ground turkey meat
• 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds
• 1 cup of mixed vegetables
• 1 teaspoon of salmon oil
• 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
• 500 mg of Calcium Citrate
Put the organ and ground turkey meat into a pot, and cook it until it is half cooked.
Mix together the already-prepared vegetables with the cooked meat, and add coconut and salmon oil, and calcium.
Mix it well, let it cool down, and serve a portion.
• Before you start preparing the dish, prepare the veggies by blanching.
• Put the blanched veggies into a blender to make a paste.
Raw Homemade Dog Food Recipes
Raw food is suitable both for puppies and for adult dogs. Just make sure you have checked out how much raw food to feed to your puppy.
Raw food has many advantages. It is a highly nutritious and very healthy option, and you can be sure that you are giving your dog a quality meal.
Here are two different ideas on how to prepare homemade dog food for Pitbulls, but in a raw version. Enjoy!
Recipe No. 1: Pasta Mediterranea
Here is another DIY homemade diet for dogs in all life stages – Pitbull puppies, adult dogs and senior dogs. Try it out.
You Will Need
• 1 can of sardines
• 5 lbs of ground meat
• 1 cup of vegetables
• 4 eggs
The first step is to make small pieces of veggies with other ingredients.
It may surprise you, but you have to put ALL of the egg in the mixture. This means even the shell.
Make them into meatballs or patties, and serve them raw.
• If you don’t have ground beef, you can use ground turkey, and if you don’t have ground turkey, you can use ground lamb or pork or chicken or venison. You get the idea.
• The mix of vegetables includes all that is suitable as part of a dog’s diet, and has nutrients that the dog needs.
• You can freeze the rest.
Recipe No. 2: Beef Overload
This raw dog food will induce your dog’s activity level and satisfy all his nutritional needs since it is a bombastic protein source made of natural ingredients.
Try out one of the best dog foods for Pitbulls.
You Will Need
• Beef kidney
• Ground beef
• Romaine lettuce
Small pieces of veggies should be cooked and cooled down. Just put them in a pan on light to medium heat until they are soft.
Chop the organ meat and mix it with the rest of the meat. Mix the eggs and the eggshells into the meat mass. Then, add the veggies and the supplements.
Make a portion and serve it to your dog. Freeze the rest for future use.
• Prepare the veggies earlier so that you only have to mix it all together.
• You can add as many veggies as you want. The more, the better. Just make sure they are approved by nutritionists.
What an awesome homemade dog food for Pitbulls.
What Natural Foods Are Good For Pitbulls?
When it comes to preparing homemade dog food for Pitbulls, there are certain nutrients that should be contained in the meal, and there are some foods that are rich with those nutrients.
Meat, veggies, fruits, herbs, and eggs are essential ingredients in every meal. However, there are some fruits and herbs you should avoid.
But, here are those that you can introduce to your dog: blueberries, cranberries, apples, carrots, green beans, artichokes, sweet potatoes, lettuce, basil, spinach, flax seed, zucchini, cabbage, cilantro, kale, corn, pumpkin, and peppers.
You should aim for the ingredients that work like probiotics, and that have carbohydrates, vitamin E, vitamin D, vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium, iodine, proteins, fiber, fat, and a lot of minerals.
Take Away Points On Homemade Dog Food For Pitbulls
• When it comes to homemade dog food for Pitbulls, there are two options you can choose from: cooked and raw.
• The next most important step is to choose fresh and nutritious ingredients for your dog’s meal.
• You should aim for protein-rich food, carbs, food with antioxidants, and essential vitamins and minerals.
• The kibble should be colorful, and this means a combination of meat, veggies, herbs, and eggs.
• I bet that your Pitbull pup will be very happy with this awesome choice!