Are you an Insta expert who needs caption ideas for your dog pictures? Do you post dog pics every day on social media and are looking for fresh ideas for captions? Then look no further! We’ve compiled the best dog Instagram captions out there so you don’t have to trawl through thousands of websites.
To make it easier for you, we’ve split them down into categories because that’s just the kind of guys we are.
So, are you ready? Then let’s look at the best Instagram captions for dogs.ž
Short Dog Captions For Instagram
Sometimes you need something short and snappy. The photo says it all, so the quote or caption doesn’t have to explain anything.
Here are some of the best short dog captions for Instagram:
• Crazy dog lady!
• Puppy love.
• Stay pawsitive.
• Dog dad.
• Fur real.
• Don’t stop retrievin’!
• What’s up, dawg?
• The Dogfather
• Dogs = Joy
• I’ve had a ruff day.
• Happy anni-fur-sary!
• I love you, fur real.
• Pawsitive vibes only.
• What the Pug?
• Let’s raise the woof!
• Live, love, bark.
• Love me fur-ever.
• I’m mutts about you.
• Need a friend? Get a dog!
They’re short, sweet, and fun and will take you seconds to add to your social media posts. Instagram accounts for pooches now regularly outperform those run by famous people, which goes to show how many dog lovers there are! This also means there’s a lot of competition, so you need to keep your content fresh if you want to get noticed.
Mix it up a bit by using short captions on some photos and longer quotes on others.
Read on to find more dog captions for Instagram and some further tips on boosting your Insta profile!
Funny Dog Captions For Instagram
If you’re looking for funny dog captions for Instagram, you might like some of these. There are plenty of dog puns to make you laugh (or groan?) and some quotes that will have dog lovers smiling and nodding in agreement.
• That’s not dog hair – it’s canine confetti! (the word glitter works as well, if you put your dog’s breed before it, as in, that’s not dog hair, it’s Labrador glitter!)
• I Shih Tzu not.
• Here comes the pup-arazzi. They’re fur-ever hounding me!
• Let’s get this paw-ty started!
• I’m absolutely mutts about my dog.
• I wonder what my dog named me?
• My pooch is fur-ocious.
• He’s not fat! He’s Husky.
• The more I know about men, the better I love my dog.
• Scratch a dog, and you’ll have a permanent job.
• Wake me when dinner is ready.
• Warning: I can be cuter than this!
• He has a dog bed. This isn’t it.
• It’s raining, so watch out for Poodles!
• Dachshund through the snow…
• I start my mornings with a coffee and a Beagle.
• It’s my pawty, and I’ll bark if I want to.
• Not all dogs are good boys. Some are good girls!
• Howl you doin’?
• I don’t always bark at night, but when I do, it’s at nothing.
• I will always woof you.
• Hold your ap-paws.
• Everything is pawsome!
• You know a dog that’s cuter than this? Im-paws-ible!
• We have the ulti-mutt friendship.
• Winner of the most pup-ular dog in the park.
Okay, so they’re a bit corny but still fun. And that’s what this is all about. An Instagram account without the fun would bomb within a few days. Owning a dog is a challenge, but mostly it’s about the love, fun, and joy of having an adorable fur-ball by your side. Each one has its own unique character and personality, and this is what you’re trying to get across on social media.
So make it as corny as you like!
Cute Dog Captions For Instagram
Nothing is cuter than pictures of your pooch, right? So how about some cute dog captions for Instagram to get those double-taps flowing! After all, it’s the main reason people follow animal pages on social media (and why they are more successful than humans!).
• Warning: cuteness overload!
• The best therapist has fur and four legs.
• Happiness is a warm puppy.
• Life is better with a dog.
• I was rescued by my rescue dog.
• Dogs are my favorite people.
• I licked it, so it’s mine now!
• Some angels choose fur instead of wings.
• Love is a wet nose and a wagging tail.
• Dogs laugh with their tails.
• Pawsitively the cutest.
• Dog kisses fix everything.
• Always put your best paw forward.
• There’s no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
• Dogs are pawsome!
• Whoever said you can’t buy happiness forgot about puppies.
• Some things just fill your heart without trying.
• I didn’t do it. And even if I did, I’m cute enough to get away with it!
• If you don’t believe dogs have souls, you haven’t looked into their eyes long enough.
• Dog’s lives are too short. It’s their only fault really.
• All dogs are therapy dogs!
• Don’t hate me for having a cuter dog than yours.
• Happiness is…doggy kisses.
• Best friends are ones with paws.
• Beware of the dog: he’ll steal your heart.
• You can always find hope in a dog’s eyes.
• And they called it puppy love.
• I Labradore spending time with you.
• You are pawfection.
• Love is a four-legged word.
• Life would be ruff without you.
• Dogs leave pawprints on your heart.
• That moment when you need to adjust your sleeping position but feel bad because your pup is asleep on you…
• You may have many best friends, but your dog has just one.
• You can’t argue with a single word here! Owning a dog changes you as a person and enriches your life with love and joy. It can also bring heartache, as our next category highlights.
Captions For When Your Dog Dies
Okay, that sounds too harsh and cold. Perhaps we should say, dog captions for Instagram when your best friend has crossed the rainbow bridge.
We all know that when we get a dog, it won’t be with us forever, which just makes the time they spend with us all the more precious. Still, it’s not something dog lovers wish to dwell upon for too long.
When that fateful day does arrive, you are overwhelmed with sadness. Some people take to social media to share their sorrow and as a way of dealing with their grief. And when they do, there is never any shortage of compassion as most of us know only too well the heartache of losing a beloved pet.
Sometimes it’s hard to think of the right words, so here are a few ideas:
• I loved you for your whole life. I’ll miss you for the rest of mine.
• “A good dog never dies. He always stays. He walks beside you on crisp autumn days when frost is on the fields and winter’s drawing near. His head is within our hand in his old way.” – Mary Carolyn Davies
• You will forever be a part of me and live on in my heart. Heaven’s gain is our loss
• “Dog’s lives are too short. It’s their only fault, really.” — Agnes Sligh Turnbull
• My companion is gone…but the memory lives on.
• “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” — Anatole France
• “Sometimes losing a pet is more painful than losing a human because, in the case of the pet, you were not pretending to love it.” — Amy Sedaris
• “Someone asked me what the most difficult thing about having a dog was. I replied – the goodbye.” — Anonymous
• “Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love. They depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs, your heart is very big” — Erica Jong
• “You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
• No longer by my side but forever in my heart.
• “Dogs die. But dogs live, too. Right up until they die, they live. They live brave, beautiful lives. They protect their families. And love us. And make our lives a little brighter. And they don’t waste time being afraid of tomorrow.” — Dan Gemeinhar
• “His ears were often the first thing to catch my tears.” — Elizabeth Barrett Browning
• “The bond with a dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be.” — Konrad Lorenz
Beautiful words. We’ll give you a moment to fetch a tissue, dry your eyes, and take a deep breath.
But owning a dog isn’t all sadness and sorrow! For the most part, we laugh at their antics, share those cuddles, and enjoy their companionship. And we watch them sleep, which takes us to our next set of captions.
Sleeping Dog Captions For Instagram
We know that our fur babies love to snooze. That is until you accidentally rustle a bag of treats, and they go from zero to warp-factor 5 in under three seconds.
But they are so cute when they sleep, aren’t they? Here’s a selection of dog captions for Instagram that might be useful for your sleeping dog photos:
• Sleep solves everything!
• Nap lessons now available.
• Is it nap time again?
• You buy them the best bed. And this is where they sleep!
• Home is where the dog sleeps.
• Wake me when it’s dinner time.
• It’s a dog’s life.
• My dog fell asleep, and I fell in love.
• Home is where the dog sleeps.
• It’s a stay in bed with your dog, kind of day.
• The calm before the storm.
• I wonder if they’re dreaming of me?
• Pawsitively adorable.
• World’s sleepiest pup.
• Sorry, boss, can’t make it to work today. My puppy is being too cute!
• Don’t give up on your dreams. Stay asleep!
• Dreaming of my favorite chew toy.
The average dog sleeps for around 10 hours every day, during the day! We can’t watch them the whole time, much as we’d love to, but we snap photos of the odd pose. They look totally relaxed, legs in the air, tongue lolling out sideways, and we often wish we could sleep in such a free and easy manner.
Dog Walk Captions For Instagram
Our furry friends just love their walks, don’t they? Few dogs are happier than when they’re out exploring the sights, sounds, and smells of the dog park, woods, countryside, or even city streets. If you’ve snapped some candid shots of your pooch while out walking, you might want some dog captions for Instagram to go with them:
• If you have a dog, you’ll never walk alone.
• Walking on sunshine.
• Right, who’s ready for an adventure?
• Happiness is a long walk with your dog.
• Walk the walk, bark the bark.
• Sometimes you need to paws and reflect.
• Taking my pup for a walk. It’s the leash I could do.
• Walk this way!
• Out for a tail-wagging-worthy walk.
• I could walk with you fur-ever.
• The Puggle is real.
• Working out is easier with your best friend by your side.
• The happiest pup in the world.
• Howl’s the weather out there?
Imagine one of these captions alongside a pic of your beloved pooch happily walking in the park or jogging by your side. Dog walking is one of those things that can be both a pleasure and a chore, depending on the weather conditions and how you’re feeling at the time. Most dogs jump at the chance for a walk, regardless of anything else! With the right words accompanying your perfect photo, thousands of dog owners will identify with the sentiment it expresses, boosting your Instagram profile nicely.
Inspiring Dog Captions For Instagram
Sometimes you want something a little deeper. Our canine pals have touched millions of hearts over the centuries, and some people have penned their thoughts about their pooches that capture this relationship beautifully.
If you want clever, heartfelt, and inspiring dog captions for Instagram, then check out this list:
• “A dog is the only thing on Earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” — Josh Billings
• “Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.” — Orhan Pamuk
• “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” — Roger Caras
• “The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man’s.” — Mark Twain
• “As wonderful as dogs can be, they are famous for missing the point.” — Jean Ferris
• “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day.” — John Grogan
• “Over the years I have felt the truest, purest love—the love of God, really, I imagine that’s what God’s love feels like—is the love that comes from your dog.” — Oprah Winfrey
• “If you don’t own a dog, at least one, there may not necessarily be anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.” — Roger Caras
• “Dogs are our link to paradise.” — Milan Kuranda
• “When an eighty-five-pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it’s hard to feel sad.” — Kristan Higgins
• “There is no faith which has never yet been broken, except that of a truly faithful dog.” — Konrad Lorenz
• “Those who teach the most about humanity aren’t always human.” — Donald L. Hicks
• “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me, they are the role model for being alive.” — Gilda Radner
• “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one is a life diminished.” — Dean Koontz
• “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.” — Christopher Morley
• “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.” — Louis Sabin
• “The love of a dog is a pure thing. He gives you a trust which is total. You must not betray it.” — Michel Houellebecq
• “A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won’t be too bad.” — Robert Wagner
• “I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source.” — Doris Day
• “It’s just the most amazing thing to love a dog, isn’t it? It makes our relationships with people seem as boring as a bowl of oatmeal.” — John Grogan
• “The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too.” — Samuel Butler
• “Even the tiniest Poodle or Chihuahua is still a wolf at heart.” — Dorothy Hinshaw
• “Dogs never lie about love.” — Jeffery Masson
Every single word is true! And these dog quotes will enhance your Insta photos perfectly.
It’s a great way to connect with followers and attract more, as there’s no shortage of canine enthusiasts out there. With around 80 million dogs just in the USA, you’re sure to get some attention!
Finding The Perfect Caption
Photo from: @labradorslovres
Thousands of dog lovers around the world have set up their furry pals on social media, and some of these have become petfluencers.
Now, your pooch might not have reached these dizzy heights yet, but who knows, maybe they’ll be insta-famous one day? They may not get 10 million followers like Jiffpom, or even 4 million, like Doug the Pug. But with the right mix of selfie photos and perfect captions, they could boost their followers and become famous in their own right.
We’ve suggested some of the best dog captions for Instagram here, although there are hundreds more out there. The trouble is, dozens of websites offer the same old captions and dog quotes, so it can be difficult to find anything original.
The trick is to take one, personalize it, and change the wording slightly if you can. This makes it unique to you and your dog and will help your post stand out among the others.
To finish, here are a few tips on maximizing your Insta account:
1. Post daily.
2. Schedule your posts when most of your followers are active.
3. Reply to comments and engage with other users! Interacting with followers helps to build a relationship between you and keeps people coming back.
4. Create your own hashtags as well as using popular ones. Use seven hashtags for each post for optimal engagement. Identify other popular hashtags with more than 50,000 posts.
5. Monitor your posts to see which are more popular, then do more of the same.
6. Mix it up a bit with some reels (video clips, for those who aren’t familiar with the term!).
7. Use emojis to grab attention.
8. Link your Instagram to other social media.
9. Have fun! The most important thing is that you enjoy yourself. This is about celebrating your beloved pooch and having a bit of fun at the same time. If you can monetize the account and become an influencer (a nano-influencer has 1,000 followers and earns between $10–$100 per post for paid promotions on Instagram), then that’s great. Just make sure it doesn’t become a chore.
And now you’re all ready to go. You’ve got a whole bunch of quotes and dog captions for Instagram, so what’s stopping you?
Oh, before we go, here’s one final quote that should be at the heart of every dog owner:
”Be the person your dog thinks you are.”