Shh, don’t make a sound. We have to be really quiet now. You see that dog? That’s a Platypup, rarely seen in the wild. If we make a sound, he’ll rush over begging for treats and belly rubs.
No, we haven’t gone mental. Platypups are real! But they’re simply our wacky doggos with their noses buried in shoes. Yes, used shoes. Ew!
Either way, pups seem to enjoy it, and who are we to judge?
The reason behind them sticking their noses and sniffing our shoes is because dogs pick up on smells we can’t register. Most of the time, those odors are linked only to you, the owner.
In short: your shoe smells like you, and that’s why your dog loves it. Be flattered!
Also, shoes are usually made of the same material as dog chew toys. Dogs + chewing = a disaster. You better train that pup before it sinks its teeth into every pair of shoes you own.
Better yet, keep the shoes out of your dog’s reach. They’re curious animals that will at least take a sniff.
Platypups have gone viral, and people are sharing pics of their dogs enjoying the platy life. Check ‘em out!
1. Actually, this sad doggo here is a mixture of a Platypup and a Platycroc. Very rare, indeed.
2. Platypups can be quite dangerous. This one will sneak up on you and beg for ear scratchies.
3. A Puppamoc is a breed still at its beginning stages. This one will grow into a Platypup in no time.
4. Aah! A true, beautiful example of the breed. One of the earliest Platypups. Can we just stop for a moment and admire this Platypup?
5. You don’t want to make a Platypup angry. Ever. Whoever took this photo is in serious trouble!
6. This is the majestic long-neck Platypup in its natural habitat. One of the rarest of them all!
7. Unlike other Platypups who have general issues with breathing, the Platypup Corgi gets plenty of air. The breeders worked really hard to achieve this trait.
8. White Platypups are even rarer than you think. Often used as show dogs, these puppers are natural-born showstoppers!
9. Platypups love to sleep. They spend over 12 hours a day sleeping. A perfect breed if you’re as lazy as these guys!
10. One of the biggest features of this breed is their intelligence. The Platypup will see right through you and give you the stink eye if he catches you fooling him.
11. See, the sleeping part is 100% true.
12. latypups are masters of disguise. That might be why you still haven’t seen one in real life.
13. Oh, don’t worry. He’ll grow into that bill.
14. A Platypup’s bill doesn’t usually match the rest of its body, but this one does. We call them fashionista Platypups.
15. Some Platypups have a spare bill to change into once in a while.
16. Here we see a Platypup in the process of changing its bill. It’s a tiring endeavor that requires lots of time. Hence, the sleeping part.
17. The Golden Platypup is the most common. They’re sweet and gentle and love giving platykisses.
18. All the other dogs in the neighborhood envy Preston the Platypup. Everyone wants to be like him.
19. Some Platypups never grow into their bills. Some outgrow them.
20. See, some Platypups really can’t match their bills!
21. On the other hand, some simply forget how to Platypup.
22. … and they keep on forgetting.
23. Some have big dreams.
24. This Golden Platypup loves daydreaming. What do they dream about? Platysquirrles?
25. Yup, we have no idea either. Which way is the head again?
26. This is one sad Platypup. He really misses his hooman.
27. A Platypup is a loyal bud who waits by the door ‘til you get back home.
28. You can tell whether the Platypup is a boy or girl by looking at the bill. The blue one is clearly a boy Platypup.
29. A Platypup fashion lover whose bill has to match his collar. Bravo!
30. Some dogs will never learn how to be a Platypup, no matter how hard they try.